Camping Cheat Sheet Make packing easier! Don’t go unprepared! Download this camping cheat sheet to make packing easier. Also, check
Ideas for decorating, organization, event planning, weddings, and more!
Creative Ideas for Simple Living
Restore an old bench or transform a coffee table into seating. Use old dresses or vintage fabric to create colorful pillows. Don’t sew? Use Stitch Witchery Fusible Bonding Web Regular Weight-5/8″X20 Yards to create pillows!
Thrifty Tips, free downloads, & DIY Projects
BABY SHOWER GAME AND GIFT TRACKING
Fun Gift Ideas
If I were to go shopping for a friend, I would pick you right off the shelf. Even if you weren’t on sale!
“Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” Mahatma Gandhi
Keep towels and sheets fresh by drying thoroughly before storing. Even a little moisture can cause mildew and unpleasant odors. Consider placing a dryer sheet in between towels and sheets to keep them smelling fresh for longer. Want a more natural approach? Place an open box of baking soda in your linen closet – it’s not just for the fridge! Also, tie sprigs of lavender or combine a bouquet of dried herbs in a cheese cloth and place on the shelves.
What Am I? Riddle Mug. I strengthen, yet I weaken. I’m perpetually diverse. I heal and I destroy.
Check out ReStyled Living for personal growth and small business ideas! We think you’ll like them!
Flowers speak a secret language.
Create your next bouquet using the symbolic language of the flower.
Here’s a short list to help:
Arbutus I Love Only Thee
Ambrosia The Love Given is Reciprocated
Babies Breath Happiness, Pure Heart
Bell of Ireland Good Luck
Chrysanthemum Happiness & Long Life
Daisy Innocence, Purity
Forget Me Not True Love
White Lily Purity & Sweetness
Myrtle Love, Joy
Orange Blossom Eternal Love
Orchid Beauty, Love
Peony Happiness & Prosperity
Pink Rose Perfect Happiness
White Rose Purity & Innocence
Red Rose I Love You, Love
Thorn-less Rose Love at First Sight
Stephanotis Happiness in Marriage
Stock You will always be beautiful to me
Tulip True Love
Violet Faithfulness, Modesty
Zennia Lasting Affection
Tips for arranging your own flower bouquet:
- Remove all foliage and thorns from stems.
- Cut the stems at an angle under running water to assure they are hydrated.
- Cut stems the same length, but not too short. You can always trim as you go.
- Gather four of your primary flowers to begin your foundation.
- Pick up one flower at a time and gently begin forming the bouquet.
- Wrap the base of your bouquet with floral tape. Be careful not to wrap too tightly or you might change the look of the bouquet.
FREE SHOWER GAME
Enjoy this free download for your next Baby or Bridal Shower: What’s in Your Purse Game
THRIFTY AND CLEVER TIPS FOR RECYCLING CLOTHESPINS
[frontpage_news widget=”3532″ name=”diy”]
Clothespins are inexpensive and they have a host of valuable uses.
Check out these ten helpful ideas:
- Use them to close open bags of food — like chips and cookies.
- Hang photos across a jute or sisal rope or twine at your next celebration.
- Clip a clothespin to the end of a birthday candle to light other candles.
- Turn it into a gift tag by painting the clothespin to match your gift wrap. Write the recipient’s name with a permanent marker.
- Add a magnet to the back of a clothespin and place on your refrigerator for a message center. You could create one for each family member.
- Keep a tablecloth in place during picnics by clipping each corner together under the table.
- Use them for craft projects by clamping items together while the glue is drying.
- Clip one to clothing items that may need special attention — such as a loose hem or button.
- Keep clothes from slipping off hangers.
- Attach to your purse to remind you to complete an errand or task.
Bonus: For a thrifty hostess gift, paint a set of four or more clothespins and add words of inspiration. Bind them with a ribbon or attach side-by-side to card stock. Add a tag that lists the many uses of a clothespin.