I call these little cuties “Bottled Thoughts” because they are created with a personal message, inspiration, encouragement, and anything else you can think of. They are a wonderful craft to have available at a party and they make unique gifts and table favors. They even look amazing on gift packages. There is no limit to the fun things you can create when using your imagination.
Here are some tips and ideas to get you started:
- Miniature glass bottle with cork lid
- Eye screw or eye pin
- Chain (metal, leather, ribbon, velvet, hemp)
- Printed inspiration or thought
- Jewels, glitter, ribbons, chains, found items, etc.
- Wire cutter
- Decide on a theme (see below for ideas)
- Print or write the inspiration (if just a few words make it small enough to fit but large enough to read)
- Fill the bottle with the inspiration, jewels, glitter, strings, found items to fit your theme
- Glue on cork lid
- Add eye screw if you are not adding a jewel. If you are adding a jewel use an eye pin. Slip the jewel on the eye pin, snip the bottom of the eye pin so that it does not hang too low into your bottle. Add a few drops of glue to the bottom of the jewel and slip through the cork.
- Once dry, add outside adornments or just hang on a necklace of your choice.
- Insert a favorite quote, verse, or poem
- Write a love note
- Use a storybook theme
- Create a bridal theme: something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue
- Use a vintage theme
- Dreams come true
- Time in a bottle theme
- Jane Austen