- Bottle cap
- Acorn cap
- Trim & beads
- Embroidery thread and needle
- Cut out a circle of felt that is 1.5 – 2″ in circumference.
- Baste edges (sew large stitches loosely around the edge of the felt circle).
- Pull the thread to draw the felt together like a little purse.
- Stuff the felt with your choice of filling.
- Draw the thread tightly and secure with stitches.
- Glue the inside of an acorn cap or bottle cap and press felt piece until secure. You can use a medium or large binder clip to hold felt piece in bottle cap until dry.
- Once dry you can embellish with trim, beads or embroidery.
- Stuff a pincushion with dried herbs and spices for a scented creation.
- Sawdust, Brillo pad, pencil shavings, coarse sand and silica packets have all been used as pincushion stuffing to help sharpen needles. Wool is also very popular.