What you need:
- Snaps or buttons
- Elastic band
- Ribbon and scraps of fabric
- Beads and old pieces of jewelry
- Thread and Needle
- Sewing Machine (optional)
- Measure your wrist and cut fabric an inch longer than measurement.
- Cut fabric to desired width. One inch for simple designs to three inches for bold style statements.
- Cut a lining the same size. Felt will work fine.
- Use a sewing machine to create fiber art designs on your fabric using the ribbon and scraps of fabric. Sew lining piece after designs are created by using a simple straight or zigzag stitch. Hand stitching can replace machine stitching.
- Add beads and jewels by hand.
- Add a button hole or snap. You can also fold a piece of elastic from a hair band and place the cut edge between the outer bracelet and liner prior to sewing. This will stretch over a button and allows for flexibility.