Clothespins are inexpensive and they have a host of valuable uses. Check out these ten helpful ideas:
- Use them to close open bags of food — like chips and cookies.
- Hang photos across a jute or sisal rope at your next celebration.
- Clip a clothespin to the end of a birthday candle to light other candles.
- Turn it into a gift tag by painting the clothespin to match your gift wrap. Write the recipients name with a permanent marker.
- Add a magnet to the back of a clothespin and place on your refrigerator for a message center. You could create one for each family member.
- Keep a tablecloth in place during picnics by clipping each corner together under the table.
- Use them for craft projects by clamping items together while glue is drying.
- Clip one to clothing items that may need special attention — such as a loose hem or button.
- Keep clothes from slipping off hangers.
- Attach to your purse to remind you to complete an errand or task.
Bonus: For a thrifty hostess gift, paint a set of four or more clothespins and add words of inspiration. Bind them with a ribbon or attach side-by-side to card stock. Add a tag that lists the many uses of a clothespin.
DIY Projects for Clothespins: