Handmade gift tags are unique and a fun project for the entire family.
- Make a miniature coat hanger out of wire and sew on your tag.
- Use fun quotes like this one (right) that I made up for a friend.
- Use old envelopes and greeting cards.
- Cut silhouettes out of paper.
- For a rustic look use paper bags and rubber stamps.
- Sew fabric together and make a pocket to insert a kind note.
- Stitch the shape of a flower and fill in with water color.
- Make a bird out of vintage print.
- Use chalk board paper and write a message with chalk.
- Make a collage and cut out words from a magazine or book with the sentiments you wish to express.
- Make a paper doll that represents the character of the recipient.
- Cut passages out of old books.
- Find a leaf or wide stick and write a message using a sharpie.
- String yarn or twine across a card with glue. Add buttons to the corners and use mini clothes pins to hold special messages or add mini laundry cut out from paper.
- Use tags for showers, gifts, jars, organization, or simply fill a bag with a variety of gift tags and give to a friend!