If you are looking for an interesting and easy way to add function to a piece, consider using chalkboard paint which comes in all colors. You can coat the inside of cabinets, walls, furniture and storage containers. Paint rocks and use as place cards or food tags at your next event.
Chalkboard paint an old book to create a fun menu board.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A hardback book you don’t mind destroying.
- Chalkboard Paint
- Acrylic paint
- Ribbon, Raffia or string
- Make sure book is free of dust and debris
- Coat with primer (follow manufacturers directions), allow to dry
- Coat with chalkboard paint, allow to dry
- Apply a second coat (very important), allow to dry
- Add white acrylic paint to fore edge of the book (pages where the book opens)
- Allow to dry for 24 hours
- Coat book with chalk
- Use a piece of felt or eraser to remove chalk (this prepares the surface for use)
- Wipe excess chalk with a clean rag
- Add ribbon, raffia or string