Delicious new ways to prepare your healthy food.
Here’s some ideas to try!
- Freeze grapes and dots of yogurt on wax paper for a delicious treat.
- Roast broccoli and cauliflower with olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper. Roast at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- Roast a full beet in the oven. Preheat oven to about 400 degrees. Wash the beets and cut off the tops and roots. Wrap in foil and bake for an hour. Keep watch every 20-30 minutes. Cook to desired tenderness.
- Crumble tin foil into three balls and place in a crock pot. Clean a whole chicken and pat dry. Then season to taste on the inside and outside of the chicken. Place on top of the foil. Cook on slow for 6-8 hours. Tip: Trussing the chicken will prevent it from falling apart. This is a healthy way to get a moist chicken without the excess fat.
- Poach eggs in a skillet with heated spaghetti sauce. You can also add peppers, onions, cumin, cheese, such as ricotta and mozzarella, for an amazing Italian-style delight. This treat is also called Shakshuka and Eggs in Purgatory.