11 Event Planning Tips
Planning an event can be overwhelming if you aren’t prepared. We’ve provided some tips to help your event go smoother. Also, check out the event checklist and timeline below to help you plan your next celebration.
- When considering a venue, don’t forget to consider parking and restroom accommodations. Guests will become frustrated if they have a difficult time finding parking or accessing a restroom.
- Make sure the venue has an ample prep area and all of the accommodations you will need, such as an oven, refrigerator, and outlets.
- Know where the dumpsters are located and make sure you have ample volunteers or staff assigned to empty waste containers.
- Don’t forget signs! Directional signs help guests know where to go. Also, banners can help brand your event.
- It’s good to know that you will most likely need about 5 lbs. of ice, 1-2 bottles of liquor, 5 bottles of wine and 20 bottles of beer per 10 guests.
- Create a photo checklist and get creative! You could give the list to your photographer to assure that you get all of the photos on your wishlist.
- Keep an eye on the weather and develop a backup plan in case it rains. Also, it’s a good idea to consider dates and typical seasonal weather.
- Create a music playlist that matches your theme and promotes a positive atmosphere.
- Be prepared and keep an emergency event kit handy. See the checklist below for items that are helpful to add. For example, tape or lint rollers are useful for clothing, chairs, or linens that may need extra attention.
- Make sure to enlist enough volunteers or help. Designate tasks to each helper. Having ample help for setup, during the event, and cleanup will help assure success.
- Don’t blast music too loud for the first few hours. Keep the volume at an enjoyable level and comfortable enough not to drown out conversations. The first few hours are usually the essential social hours.
Websites you’ll love to use for your next event: